In our post, we’re going to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to create Application for Benefits Eligibility account. Our Application for Benefits Eligibility (ABE) Account Guide is quick and easy if you follow the instructions outlined in this post. If you are not familiar Application for Benefits Eligibility, it’s the online portal run by the Illinois Department of Human Services for cash assistance and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits. The ABE website currently supports the following Illinois government benefit programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – helps low-income people and families buy the food they need for good health (formerly Food Stamps)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – provides cash benefits to help pregnant women and families with temporary cash benefits. These benefits can be used to pay for food, shelter, utilities, and other expenses – excluding medical
- Aid to the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (AABD) Cash – provides medical and cash assistance benefits to those qualified senior citizens, blind and disabled
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP) – offers access and low-cost health care coverage to eligible children, adults, seniors, and the disabled
The Application for Benefits Eligibility website can be used by Illinois residents to complete various tasks, such as:
- Determine your eligibility for benefits
- Save an application
- Manage your case
- Update your case information
- View your benefits information
- Complete a renewal
- Appeal your case
If you’re an Illinois resident and wish to apply for cash assistance or SNAP benefits, or if you’re already receiving benefits and would to manage them online, you must have an Application for Benefits Eligibility account in order to do so. For help setting up your account, keep reading for our step-by-step Application for Benefits Eligibility Create an Account Guide. If you already have an ABE account, click here to login.
How to Create Application for Benefits Eligibility Account Guide
The first step in creating an ABE online account is to visit the Application for Benefits Eligibility website at www.abe.illinois.gov/abe/access/. Once you are on the ABE homepage you will need to locate the Login button, which is located in the top-right corner of the homepage (see image below).
Once you have located the Login button on the ABE homepage, proceed by clicking the Login button. After you click the button, a Login box will appear on the homepage. Your page should like the image below.
Once you see the Login box appear on the homepage, click the Create Account link located below the green Login button and Forgot Password link. Once you have done that, you will be taken to a page like the one below to create your account.
Step 1 – Enter Personal Information
The first step is to enter the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- User ID
Step 2 – Select Secret Questions
The next step in the process is to select two secret questions that will be used to help you retrieve your User ID or Password in the future, should you forget what they are.
Be sure you select questions and answers you are likely to remember.
After you have selected your questions, click on the “Create Account” link to proceed.
Once the system accepts the information you entered, you will be taken to a page like the one below, with a confirmation.
Congratulation!! You have successfully created an ABE account. Here’s what to do next:
Login into your ABE account by clicking here. Use the username and password you selected in Step 1 above.
Once you successfully login, you will be taken to a page that looks like the one below. Here, you will be able to do one of the following:
- Start a new application for Health care coverage, SNAP, Cash Assistance, and/or Medicare Savings Program.
- Keep working on an application that you have already started.
- Check the status or view an application that you have already submitted.
Application for Benefits Login Summary
We hope this article on how to Create Application for Benefits Eligibility Account for Illinois Food Stamps was helpful.
If so, we encourage you to share this article with anyone who may also find it helpful by using the “Share this” button below.
If you have additional questions about the Illinois SNAP or EBT, please leave those in the comments section below. We are here to help you!
Be sure to check out our other articles about Illinois Food Stamps and EBT, including:
- How to Check Illinois EBT Card Balance
- Application for Benefits Eligibility Login Help
- Income Limit for Illinois Food Stamps
- Illinois EBT Card Discounts & Free Admissions
- How to apply for Illinois Food Stamps Online
- Grocery Stores that Accept EBT online
- How to Get 50% off Amazon Prime with EBT