If you are trying to create My Alabama DHR Account, we can help. This article will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to create My Alabama DHR Account to access or apply for Alabama benefits.
In this article, we will help you cover:
- MyAlabama DHR Account Overview
- How to Create My Alabama DHR Account
- How to Login My Alabama DHR Account
- My Alabama Account Username Recovery
- My Alabama Password Reset
MyAlabama DHR Account Overview
The Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR) uses the My Alabama DHR online portal to manage government assistance benefits including Food Stamps, Medicaid, Child Support, and Unemployment.
The MyAlabama.gov website gives residents access to their government benefits and services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Currently, the My Alabama online portal serves the following government programs and services:
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Family Assistance (TANF)
- Nutrition Assistance for Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
- Child Support Payments & Enforcement (CSE)
- Children’s Rehab Service (CSR)
- ALL Kids Medicaid
- Child Care Services (CCDF)
- Family Planning
- Fatherhood Program
- Early Intervention System
- Unemployment Services
- Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (ABCCEDP)
- ElderConnect Alabama
- SAIL Homebound & Independent Living
- Life Care Program
- Vocational Rehabilitation Service (VRS)
- Mental Illness Services
- Substance Abuse Services
- HIV, AIDS, and STD Testing
As you can see, the My Alabama DHR account can help you access many different benefit programs and services. Some of the things you are able to do with your My Alabama DHR Account, include:
- Determine your Eligibility for Benefits & Services
- Apply for Benefits
- Check the Status of an Application
- Check the Status of Benefits
- Submit Changes to Benefits
- Complete Recertification for Benefits
- Upload Documentation
If you do not have a My Alabama Account and need help creating your account, continue reading and follow the instructions below.
How to Create My Alabama DHR Account
If you are new to the My Alabama DHR Online Portal, the first thing you need to do is create an account. You cannot complete any action related to government benefits or services online without a MyAlabama.gov Account.
If you would like to create a My Alabama DHR Account, follow the instructions below.
Create a MyAlabama.gov Account Instructions
Follow these steps to create your My Alabama DHR Account:
1.) Visit the MyAlabama.gov Website
2.) Click the “Create New Account” Link
Once you are on the site, go to the Login portal section on the left-side of the page. Click the “Create an Account” button located at the bottom of the Login Portal. See the screenshot photo below for more help.
3.) Fill in your Personal Information
After you click the “Create an Account” button, you will be taken to a new page where you will be asked to complete five sections of information (see screenshot). You must complete each section to successfully create your account.
First, you need to fill in your Personal Information, including:
- First, Middle, and Last Name
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Birth Date
- Driver’s License Number and State
When you are done, click the “Submit” button to move to the next section.
4.) Provide your Mailing Address
Second, you need to provide your mailing address and email information. This includes the street, city, state, and zip code for where you currently live. When complete, click the “Next” button.
5.) Choose your Security Questions
Third, you need to set up your security questions. You are required to register three security questions for your My Alabama Account. These are used when you login your account or if you forget your account username or password.
You can choose each question from the drop down menu. Once you have finished completing each question, click the “Next” button.
6.) Create your Login
Fourth, you will create your My Alabama Account Login. Choose the Username and Password that will you will use to access your account. Be sure to keep your login information in a safe place and do not share it with anyone.
Note: Your password MUST be at least 6 letters/numbers long.
7.) Choose to Share Information
Fifth, you will be asked whether you would like to share your account information. This means that the information you provided will automatically filled in on Alabama applications for benefits or services. We suggest you check the box for the option because it will save you time completing your applications.
8.) Agree to the Terms & Conditions
For the final section, you must agree to the MyAlabama.gov Terms and Conditions. Once you have reviewed them, check the “I Agree” box. This will submit your account information.
9.) Confirm your Email
Once your account information has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation page like the one shown below.
Before you can access your new My Alabama DHR account, you must confirm your email address. To complete confirmation, visit the email you provided for your account.
9.) Click the Confirmation Link
Once you have opened your email account, you should have new message titled, “My Alabama.gov Registration Confirmation.” Once you find the message, open the email. It should look like the one shown below:
Next, click the link in the email to confirm your MyAlabama.gov account.’
9.) Open your MyAlabama.gov Account
Once you have clicked the confirmation link, you will be taken to a Welcome Page as shown below.
Congratulations – you have now successfully set up your My Alabama DHR Account! You can now login your account by visiting the MyAlabama.gov homepage. Enter your Username and Password to login. For help on how to login My Alabama Account for the first time, follow our instructions provided below.
How to Login My Alabama DHR Account
If you are trying to login My Alabama DHR Account to manage or apply for benefits, we can help. If this is your first time logging in MyAlabama.gov, follow the instructions provided below.
Visit the MyAlabama.gov Website
Enter your Username & Password
Click the “Sign In” Button
- Once you have entered your account information, click the “Sign In” button.
Validate your Login
Welcome to your My Alabama Account
- Once you have successfully validated My Alabama account, you will be taken to your online account homepage. You can now use your account to access or apply for government benefits and services.
For more help logging into your My Alabama DHR Account, check out our complete Login Guide here. If you have forgotten your MyAlabama.gov Account Username or Password, follow the instructions below for help resetting those.
My Alabama Account Username Recovery
If you are trying to login your My Alabama Account to access or apply for benefits, but have forgotten your Username, we can help. Follow these instructions to recover your MyAlabama.gov Username for account login.
Visit the MyAlabama.gov Website
Click the “Forgot Username” Link
- Once you are on the site, go to the Login portal section on the left-side of the page. Click the “Forgot Username” button located under the Password field. See the screenshot photo below for more help.
Enter your Email Address
- When you clicked the button, a box should have popped up asking you to enter your Email Address. Please do this and proceed by clicking the “Next” button. Please know that you must enter the email address you used when you created your My Alabama DHR Account. If you do not enter the correct email, you will not be able to recover your Username.
Answer your Security Question & Confirm
- Once you have entered the correct email, you should receive a message that asks you to answer a security question. These are questions you set up when you created your MyAlabama.gov Account. For help, please refer to the screenshot below.
- Once you have completed the security question, click the “Submit” button. You will now need to confirm and access your email to retrieve your My Alabama Username Recovery.
For more help and information on how to recover your My Alabama DHR Account Username, check out our detailed instructions here.
If you still cannot login to your MyAlabama.gov account because you have forgotten your password, continue reading below. We will provide with you with instructions on how to reset your My Alabama Account password.
My Alabama Password Reset
If you are trying to login your My Alabama Account to access or apply for benefits, but have forgotten your Password, we can help. Follow these instructions for help creating a new MyAlabama.gov password.
Visit the MyAlabama.gov Website
Click the “Forgot Password” Link
- Once you are on the site, go to the Login portal section on the left-side of the page. Click the “Forgot Password” button located under the Password field. See the screenshot photo below for more help.
Enter your Username & SSN
- When you clicked the button, a box should have popped up asking you to enter your Username and Social Security Number. Enter this information and proceed by clicking the “Next” button. Please know that you must enter the Username and SSN you used when you created your My Alabama DHR Account. If you do not enter the correct information, you will not be able to reset your Password.
Answer your Security Question & Confirm
- Once you have entered the correct Username and SSN, you should receive a message that asks you to answer a security question. These are questions you set up when you created your MyAlabama.gov Account. For help, please refer to the screenshot below.
- Once you have completed the security question, click the “Submit” button. You will now need to confirm and access your email to reset your My Alabama Account password. There will be a link in your email to reset your password.
For more help accessing your My Alabama Account Password Reset Link, check out our detailed instructions here.
Apply for Alabama Food Stamps Online
If you would like to apply for food stamp benefits in Alabama, you can do that online through your MyAlabama.gov Account or your MyDHR account. For more instructions on how to apply, check out our Alabama Food Stamps Application Guide here.
My Alabama Account Summary
We hope this post about the My Alabama DHR Account Login was helpful to you. If you have questions about your My Alabama Account, please let us know in the comments section below.
If you are a AL Food Stamps recipient, be sure to check out the amazing Discounts and Perks that your Alabama EBT Card can get you! Also, find out how to check your Alabama EBT Card Balance here.
Be sure to check out our other articles about Alabama Food Stamps and EBT, including:
- How to Check Alabama EBT Card Balance
- Alabama EBT Card Discounts & Free Admissions
- Income Limit for Alabama Food Stamps
- Farmers Markets In Alabama that Double Your EBT Money
- Grocery Stores that Accept EBT online
- How to Get 50% off Amazon Prime with EBT
- Eligible Food Stamps Items