Dcfs.la.gov LA CAFE Create Account
If you are looking for information on how to create a LA CAFE Account on the dcfs.la.gov website, we can help you. The LA Common Access Front End (CAFE) system is used by the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) to manage Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly called Food Stamps), Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP), Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP), Child Support Enforcement Services, Louisiana Combined Application Project (LaCAP) and Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP).
Once you set up a LA CAFE account, you can use it for the following:
- Apply online benefits, including Food Stamps/SNAP, FITAP, KCSP or Child Support
- Check the status of a recently submitted application
- Check the status of your Child Support Enforcement Application Fee payment
- Submit an Application for Continued Assistance (Redetermination) for SNAP, FITAP, or KCSP View information on your SNAP, FITAP, or KCSP benefits or information on your Child Support Enforcement case(s) and payments
- Submit a Simplified Report for SNAP and associated FITAP or KCSP cases
- Report a change to your information that may affect benefits (like income or change of address)
- Enroll in LaCAP after receiving a letter from DCFS, or re-enroll to continue receiving your LaCAP benefits
- View notifications that may remind you about important information relating to your benefits Update your online account information (password, pin, security questions, etc.)
How to Create LA CAFE Account
Here is the step-by-step process for creating an LA CAFE account to help you apply for the benefits listed above or manage your benefits.
Click here to be taken to the website to set up your account. Once you are on the site, you have two options.
- Click on the “User# Login” link if you already have a User Number and Pin.
- Click on the “Create Account” link if you do not have a User Number and Pin as shown below in the image.
Create LA CAFE account (if you don’t already have User ID and Pin)
If you do not have a User ID and Pin and you clicked on the “Create Account link, you will be taken to a page that looks like the one below. On that page, you will be asked to enter the following information to create your account:
- Email Address
- User ID
- Pin (6 numbers)
Once you enter the information above, you will be required to enter the Security Check, with is a six digit of numbers and letters you have to enter into a box to proceed. Finally, you have to check the box at the bottom to accept Louisiana’s User Acceptance Agreement. After you’ve done all that, you can click on the “Create Account” button at the bottom of the page to be taken to the next step.
The final step in creating your LA CAFE account is to enter security questions and answers. Here are the questions you may be asked to provide security answers for:
- What is your mothers birth date? (ex. 07/26/1954)
- What are the last four numbers of your drivers license/ID card number?
- What is the name of your favorite childhood friend?
- What is the first name of your maternal grandmother?
- What city were you born in?
- What is your natural hair color?
- What are the last four digits of your phone number?
Once you provide answers to the security questions, click the “Submit” button. You may see a “Login Warning” pop-up, which you will have to accept to proceed.
Once you accept the pop-up, you will be taken to your newly created LA CAFE account. There, you will see options to:
- Apply for Benefits
- Submit a Redetermination
- Check on the status of your benefits application
- Report Changes that may affect your benefits
- Check notifications
- Process LaCAP Enrollment/Re-Enrollment
- Manage your account.
Create LA CAFE account (if you already have User ID and Pin)
If you have a User Number and Pin, you will be taken to a page like the one below to enter your information to login.
Apply for Benefits (Including Food Stamps):
Now that you have created your LA CAFE account, you can proceed to apply for benefits. To do that, you first have to login to your new account. Once you are logged in, click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page to submit an application for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly Food Stamp Program), Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP), Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP), or Child Support Enforcement services. See below:
Note: Once you start an application, you can save it and come back to it later. If you have started an application but have not yet submitted it, a “Continue” link will be displayed. Click on that link to finish your application. You have 30 days to complete and submit your application. If your application is not submitted within 30 days, it will be deleted and you will need to start a new application.
Only Louisiana residents are eligible for FITAP, KCSP or SNAP benefits. Once you apply, the DCFS will review your application to determine your eligibility for all programs for which you apply. If you applied for for SNAP, FITAP, KCSP, or Child Support Enforcement services, you will be required to submit to an interview.
The information you provide on your benefits application will be verified by federal, state, and local offices including computer cross-matching with other agencies. In addition, the immigration status of people in your household may be subject to verification through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
We hope this article has been helpful in creating your LA CAFE account. If you have any issues or need further assistance setting up your account, you can check out the Frequently Asked Questions page for help or you can call DCFS Customer Service Center at 1-888-LAHELPU (1-888-524-3578) or visit your nearest DCFS office location. To locate an office near you, click here. If you have questions about Louisiana food stamps in general or whether you qualify for benefits, please let us know in the comments section below.