Apply for Ohio Food Stamps Online
The Ohio Food Stamps program (also called SNAP Benefits) is administered by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS). If you require food assistance to apply for Ohio food stamps online, we can point you in the right direction on how to apply for food assistance and get the help you need.
Ohio Food Stamps Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for food stamps, you must meet the eligibility requirements. This includes income criteria, which is calculated based on your household income. To be eligible for food assistance, your family income cannot exceed 130 percent of the federal poverty guidelines. Here is a chart showing the income levels required based on the number of people in your household. Note that the income levels change slightly every year so you should check with the ODJFS for the current levels. But this gives you an idea of what income levels qualify for food stamps based on the number of people in your family.
The expenses that will be reviewed as part of your income to determine if you should get food assistance include – rent or mortgage costs, gas, electric, water, sewer, phone, medical expenses, and payments for child support and child care. You will be invited for an interview during the application process and would be required to bring documentation for some of these expenses in order for your application to be approved.
Apply for Ohio Food Stamps Online
There are three ways to apply for food stamps in Ohio.
1. The first method is to visit the website created by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services that allows you to apply online. If you think you meet the eligibility requirements for food stamps and are ready to apply, visit benefits.ohio.gov.
2. You can also download the “Request for Cash, Food and Medical Assistance” (JFS 7200) form and submit it to your county agency. You can download the form by clicking here. You will have to search for the form JFS 2000 on the page. Open it, print it out and complete the form and submit it to your county agency in charge of food stamps. To find out the agency in your county in charge of processing food stamps applications, click here.
3. The third option in applying for SNAP benefits in Ohio is to apply through your local Ohio Benefit Bank site. The Ohio Benefit Bank helps low- and moderate-income Ohioans apply for work supports such as tax credits and public benefits, including Ohio Works First. To find the Ohio Benefit Bank site nearest you and to get more information, go to www.ohiobenefits.org.
So, there you have it, all the information you need to apply for Ohio Food Stamps online and in person or over the phone. If you have any questions for comments about this post or experience any problems in your application process, tell us below.
Did you know???
You can now use your Ohio EBT Card online to shop for groceries! To find out how to use your food stamp benefits online, click here.
We hope this article on How to Apply for Ohio Food Stamps online was helpful.
If so, we encourage you to share this article with anyone who may also find it helpful by using the “Share this” button below.
If you have additional questions about the Ohio SNAP or EBT, please leave those in the comments section below. We are here to help you!
Be sure to check out our other articles about Ohio Food Stamps and EBT, including:
- How to Check Ohio EBT Card Balance
- Income Limit for Ohio Food Stamps
- Ohio EBT Discounts & Freebies
- How to create Benefits.Ohio.gov account
- Can you buy Groceries online with Ohio EBT?
- Benefits.ohio.gov Login Help